Healthy Aging Lab
Recent Research Funding
1) R25 NIA, AGE-ADAR Scholars - 5-year educational program infusing gerontology research experiences into the training of students in MSTEM fields. PI: Patrick, with co-investigators Mei (Provost's Office), Fiske (PSYC), Hash (Social Work), and Schreurs (BRNI).
2) WVU Provost’s Innovation Summit grant, The Visiting Neighbor Pilot Program, $116,000, co-investigator, January 2022 to December 2023. This intervention study examines loneliness reduction among vulnerable older adults.
3) WVU Community Engagement grant, July 1, 2019 to December 30, 2020 we focused on developing and evaluating Appalachia-inspired materials for use with older adults with dementia. Patrick and Hash (Social Work) are co-investigators.
Pending Research Funding
1) R25 AGE-ADAR renewal 2025-2030, submitted May 2023
2) Galvanizing Health Equity Through Novel and Diverse Educational Resources, submitted 6/2023.
3) Healthy Aging: Sexual Orientation and Rurality (SOAR) submitted to INRPHA (Oct. 2023)
4) R24 Planning Grant - NIA (to be submitted Nov. 2023)