Dissemination - Publications from the Healthy Aging Lab at WVU
1. Bernstein, L.E., Yadava, A., Collett, S.M., & Patrick, J.H. (2022). Challenges in collecting heart rate variability data over video conferencing platforms. Sage Research Methods: Doing Research Online Methods: Experimental design, Data collection, Measurement.
2. Clark, M., & Patrick, J. H. (2022). Cognitive and Affective Influences on Decision Quality. Research Directs in Psychology and Behavior, 2(1).
3. Ebert, A. R., Bernstein, L. E., Knepple Carney+, A. & Patrick, J. H. (2020). Emotional well- being during the first four months of COVID-19 in the United States. Journal of Adult Development, 27(4), 241-248. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10804-020-09365-x
4. Ebert, A. R., Nehrkorn-Bailey+, A., Knepple Carney+, A., & Patrick, J.H. ( 2020). Best Practices for Educating the Next Generation to Work With Older Adults. International Journal of Aging and Human Development, 91 (4), 359-361. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0091415020937587
5. Marello, MM., Clark, M.S., & Patrick, J.H. (2020). PokemonGO!: Gotta catch ‘em all…but with my younger friends. The Computer Games Journal. DOI 10.1007/s40869-020-00102-8
6. Olson, R., Knepple Carney, A., & Patrick, J. H. (2019). Associations between gratitude and spirituality: An experience sampling approach. Psychology of Religion and Spirituality, 11, 449– 452. https://doi.org/10.1037/rel0000164
7. Patrick, J. H., Bernstein, L. E., & Moore, H. R. (2022). Examining the longitudinal influences of age and sources of religious doubt on wellbeing. Journal of Religion, Spirituality & Aging, 1-16.
8. Patrick, J. H., Bernstein, L. E., Spaulding, A., Dominguez, B. E., & Pullen, C. E. (2023). Grandchildren as Caregivers: Adding a New Layer to the Sandwich Generation. The International Journal of Aging and Human Development, 00914150221106726.
9. Patrick, J. H., Rusch, A. V., Tajc, K., & Alvis, J. (2023). Introduction to the Special Issue on Advancing Diversity in Aging Research. The International Journal of Aging and Human Development, 96(1), 3-5.
10. Patrick, J.H., Hayslip, B., & Hollis-Sawyer, L. (2020). Adult Development and Aging: Growth, Longevity and Challenges. Sage Publishers.
11. Patrick, J.H., Knepple Carney+, A., & Ebert*, A. R. (2022). Religious and Spiritual Growth Goals: A Forgotten Outcome. International Journal of Aging and Human Development.
12. Patrick, J.H., Pullen, C. E., Ibrahim-Bacha, K., & Spencer, S. M. (2022). Role of medical insurance in reducing place-based health disparities: Functional disability in rural Appalachia. Journal of Elder Policy.
13. Patrick, J.H., Rusch, A. V. , Riffey, L.& Carter, K. (2022). AGE-ADAR Scholars program: Using secondary data to conduct health disparities research. Sage Research Methods Doing Research On-Line.
14. Rusch, A. V., & Patrick, J. (2023). Predictors of Fear of Dementia Among Adults. Research DIrects in Psychology and Behavior, 3, 1-5.